Sunday, December 20, 2015

The Force Awaked in Me?

I'm the first to admit that I have a "nerdy" side. I'm a sucker for history and I'm not afraid to throw out some random history facts when they pop in my head. I used to think I'd always be the "nerdy" one in relationships. Until I met George, that is. He's the only person I know that can out nerd me in historical discussions and always has an interesting (long) Greek history lesson for me. 
let the record show that I beat him in Trivia Crack 99% of the time, though

Star Wars: The Force Awakens has been making a huge commotion in the world recently. People have been excited about this for years, an excitement I hadn't really been a part of until about a month ago. Suddenly I felt like I needed to get in on this hype, find out what all the hoopla was about. After some ~convincing~ by George (I let him sweat it out but I was planning on going to see it with him the whole time) we made a date night out of it and bought tickets ahead of time to see the newest addition to the Star Wars journey. 

(don't worry, I'm not going to spoil anything)


Let me just say, I was not disappointed. At all. I was afraid of the movie being too serious or boring, a reservation I've always had about Star Wars. I was dead wrong, there is sassiness and humor woven throughout the movie. There was action and plot twists that really helped me stay interested in it the whole time.
  As I write, George tells me that he had a "nerdgasm" over this movie and says that he's glad I enjoyed it. 
The bottom line is, Stars Wars: The Force Awakens was a pleasantly surprising nerd date for George and I, so much so that I will probably take the time to watch the rest of the movies to piece together what I watched tonight (lol I was lost quite a few times).

However, this presents a daunting question: 
Is this galaxy ready for Megan Thiberville to become a Star Wars nerd? Maybe someone in a galaxy far far away has the answer. 

Disclaimer: the word "nerd" or any connotation of such is not meant in a derogatory or mean manner, so don't get your panties in a bunch

No comments:

Post a Comment